Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor Display  (Read 3426 times)

JessicaB

Monitor Display
« on: March 10, 2005, 04:09:45 PM »
I think this would be a hardware question, sory if it is a bit simple but Im not very techy! Anyway, here I go.

I am trying to change the color resolution on my monitor. I have gone into display, settings and looked but it does not have the option to go to 32 bit. Is there anyway I can enable my monitor to display 32 bits or is this impossible?

I need to change the resolution so I can run a computer game.

Im using a Packard Bell A726 Monitor with an Intel 82810 Graphics Controller Windows ME.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jess

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Monitor Display
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 04:21:26 PM »
Try running a Windows Update, and see f there are any drivers for your video card.... Keep in touch...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Computer_Commando

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 05:27:24 PM »
...Im using a Packard Bell A726 Monitor with an Intel 82810 Graphics Controller Windows ME....

I just got a Compaq with the same Graphics Controller.  Because it's onboard (integrated) video, it won't support 32-bit.  There isn't even any dedicated video memory.  The driver decides how much main memory to allocate for video.  Whatever you do, games will be slow.

You can try downloading drivers from Intel.

JessicaB

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 05:35:14 AM »
Hi and thanks for your replies.

Don't need to Windows update, I do that frequently. Ive been on the Intel website and downloaded the latest graphics driver package. Unfortunately that hasn't helped anything but Ive got a nice little icon in my system tray!

Any other ideas greatly welcomed but I think I might have come to a dead end in this case. Morrowind will just have to stay in the box!

Jess

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 06:39:44 AM »
Jessica:

You could purchase a new video card to install in your computer; it would have it's own firmware drivers on the card (or software drivers on the installation CD) that will let you change the resolution to what you need.

Before you go to the computer store to shop for one, write down what processor you have & how many MHz is supported by your motherboard.  To get this info., right click on My Computer & choose Properties.

Regards,
Doc

JessicaB

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 08:51:27 AM »
Its probably not worth buying a new video card just to run a game. Thanks anyway  :)

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 12:25:59 PM »
U R Welcome

:)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru