Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Burning Programs  (Read 9133 times)

Timmy09

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Burning Programs
    « on: September 17, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »
    I been looking around for a good DVD burning program that's easy to use can someone help me find one. I've been using dvdflick but have recently been having problems with it and need a new program Help Please. Thanks.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Burning Programs
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 10:47:53 AM »
    I like CDBurnerXP.

conste

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 02:36:10 PM »
      I can recommend you DeepBurner: www.deepburner.com

It's free!
      Only a closed bug is a good bug.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 06:19:32 PM »
        Timmy,As a long time user of "DVD flick (in conjunction with "image burn" i have found it to be very satisfactory and 99.8% of the time trouble free. I am wondering what kind of problems have you encountered?
        Calum,Maybe i am missing something via your link but as i view the program explanation (as nice as it sounds) i don't see any part of it that deals with burning DVD's (although in the title DVD's are stated). Could you please point me in the direction of where within the program (have not yet downloaded it) a DVD (such as an .AVI file can be burned)?
        truenorth

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 10:14:23 PM »
        Lately, I've been using "Cheetah DVD Burner" (not free)

Timmy09

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 11:03:56 PM »
          Well, my problem with dvd flick is that i get to about 60% of the writing process and then i get this I/O error i never got this problem until recently it also says uncapable format i believe. thats my problem with dvdflick i agree its good and would love to keep using it but i can't so im looking for other options.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 06:55:25 AM »
            Timmy09, One point i might suggest before you abandon DVD flick is to ensure that you have the latest version of "image burn" (there was a very recent version released).It is "image burn that will be the culprit in your I/O error as DVD flick is just the format program-- image burn is the actual burning program.goodluck truenorth

Call4ComputerHelp

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 08:32:31 AM »

mickpen

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 12:02:33 PM »
              hi xtodvd is good or if you have nero download dvd shrink and that will decode the movie rhen it will burn it with nero and its realy user friendly

Timmy09

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 12:17:42 PM »
                With Cdburnerxp i'm i able to burn my movies that are avi. files?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                  • Yes
                • Certifications: List
                • Experience: Beginner
                « Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 12:19:52 PM »
                Calum,Maybe i am missing something via your link but as i view the program explanation (as nice as it sounds) i don't see any part of it that deals with burning DVD's (although in the title DVD's are stated). Could you please point me in the direction of where within the program (have not yet downloaded it) a DVD (such as an .AVI file can be burned)?
                Most newer DVD players will play a .avi file which is just added to a data disk.
                Even my budget £10 value player will play them.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 04:52:55 PM »
                  Calum, Ah ha i see it is to be treated as a "data" burn. OK i did check into that on their web site but i didn't find anything that related to "video" being mentioned on any of the program options. Of course it need not necessarily be .AVi it could be other video formats as well i suppose?Thanks for the input. I am not inclined to try anything new at the moment as my DVDflick/Imageburn combo works extremely well. I actually have a few commercial (i bought) DVD burn programs IE: Fireman,Movies on CD & DVD 4,Nero, Roxio,etc.,etc. But most (if not all of them) are very hit and miss and often produce coasters whereas DVDflick/Imageburn very very rarely lets me down. So when something works i say stick with it. Thanks for the info. truenorth

Timmy09

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 08:56:35 PM »
                    Ok so now i switched to cdburnerxp and i got the same problem that i was having with dvdflick, maybe it's my dvd discs maybe i should buy a high brand quality but for those that can help i get this that pops up -  devcannot write medium incompatible format failure reserving dvd-r track? any help on this.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 07:18:43 AM »
                      Timmy09, My reccomendation would be to uninstall DVDflick and also uninstall Imageburn  (presuming they are both installed) and then go to the recpective web sites and download the most recent versions of each and then try a burn. I personnally doubt that your problems are being created by the brand or quality of your blank DVD disc (uncless your making them yourself LOL).
                      dvdflick=  http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php
                      imageburn=  http://www.imgburn.com/
                      goodluck truenorth

Timmy09

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 12:28:57 AM »
                        Yea i'll try to unistall everything i tried once but i didn't unistall imgburner i'll do that this time to. But i still think i might have something to do with the discs that im using because i only started to have this stupid problem when i started using these discs. I was using these discs that are by TDK and i burned them fine and then i used these maxwell discs and that was ok now with these stupid memorex ones nothing. if this dont work then im gonna try new discs.