Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System restore problem and other system problems i depserately need help with.  (Read 3354 times)

alison22000

Topic Starter

Starter

I have a similar problem with my system restore with the problem that they are all gone and another serious computer problem. it was mainly caused by some hacking program, I found that much out. I got a disk from an old friend that had a copy of CloeCD, that i found out was actually a hacked copy of the software.

Stupid me, I let it install on my computer before i realised what my Kaspersky internet security software was telling me. Now it is installed, it is reaving havoke on my computer. I have tried removing the software and caused worse problems. tried to do a restore and worse problems again.

Now at this time I have a serious computer problem where i have to open task manager and have processors tab open and when i trun on my computer i have to keep moving my mouse from the task manager to the system tray and always clicking things for 5 minutes, or if i leave my computer locks up and I have to reboot.

What do I do to fix this. I am a pensioner with not a lot of money and can't afford to take to repair shops time over time. is there something I can do that will patch it atleast so I can use it ok with no serious problems. Thanks for listening to my whinning.

By the way, I have read and checked everything on the topic and it didn't help me: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=37610.0;num_replies=3

I have attached a DXDIAG Report to give you all the information on my computer system and it's specs, i hope it can help you help me. Thanks.

[Saving space - attachment deleted by admin]

cohen

Beginner

Well First of all, Welcome to Computer Hope,

Now,

Do you have the windows XP Disc for your computer???? If not, are you able to get a copy from anyone.....
      Now, Do the following, http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_xp.html and disable all programs you don't need under the "start up" tab. Make Sure you tick "Hide All Microsoft Services" and then disable all of those under needed programs.

Hopefully that will help you, and may stop the program that is starting up.
      Forum Sig
      Desktop
      Motherboard: Asus M2N X SE
      CPU: AMD 4000+ 2.1GHZ x 2
      Ram: 2GB Transcend
      Hard Drive: 320GB
      Video Card: Intergrated
      Monitor: 19" Benq

alison22000

Topic Starter

Starter

OK, first off, I have disabled everything in my start up tab in msconfig. I just wanted to understand that in what you have told me, that is actually 2 tabs. To disable the start up selections is in the start tab, but to check the box "Hide All Microsoft Services" that is in the Services tab.

So my question now is, do I just disable everything in my start up options or do i disable everything after microsoft services check box is checked. So after I tick the box, do I disable all the items in services and also in the Start up tab. Thanks.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        Don't disable any services. (at least not now, but I don't think it's necessary)

Follow his link and just disable all Startup Items (uncheck them and press OK)

alison22000

Topic Starter

Starter

I have disabled everything in the start up selections. I still have the problem.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Guru
          Does Windows run fine in Safe Mode?

Seeing as this was caused by some malicious program (so to speak), I think you should boot into Safe Mode With Networking and do the following:
          http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html