Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: is my fan working properly?  (Read 2692 times)

spschaffer

is my fan working properly?
« on: March 15, 2005, 12:19:03 PM »
It's a Toshiba Satellite series, but could be any laptop... it's shutting down often, and feels really warm. The fan is spinning - but how well, and how do I know it's up to specifications?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: is my fan working properly?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 01:00:28 PM »
It's a Toshiba Satellite series, but could be any laptop...

What does that mean? Is it really a Toshiba, or not? Back to the issue here... lol  I think that one fan just might not be enough for your laptop... OR... Your fan has been cloged with dust, and is not spinning fast enough...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

spschaffer

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 01:26:32 PM »
Flame,
Thanks for the repsonse. It is a Toshiba, and their website was not helpful. I downloaded "speedfan" and it looks like it's running okay, but I was hoping Toshiba could let me know about temp specs.
Thanks again,
Steve

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 01:42:50 PM »
So does this mean that your question has been answered, or do you want to dig deeper into the issue?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

neo_wraith

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 03:37:29 PM »
How old is your Toshiba?

Toshiba is recalling a lot of their LT's due to over heating problems and fan issues.  Contact toshiba.  They have also lost a huge loss suite recently and they will give you money for your old one and give you another LT for replacement..check into this.