Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WMPlayer in sidebar  (Read 3640 times)

tallen1000

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

WMPlayer in sidebar
    « on: October 07, 2008, 10:59:12 AM »
    hi all forgive me if iv'e come to the wrong place, but can anyone help me please. on some web sites that i try to play video from, i keep getting told i need the latest version of flash. i have this installed, but it works on some sites and not others(HMMM). i went to the windows main site and it instructed me to download and run a program called 'subinacl.exe' and this should solve the problem. aparently it was a permision thing. well after doing what microsoft recomended my side bar now does not run the windows media player gadget . can anyone help or posibly point me in the right direction. many thanks.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: WMPlayer in sidebar
    « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 02:43:21 PM »
    Travel Here  for the Flash Removal tool...follow the instructions to remove Flash.
    Power down and re-start and re-install Flash.
    How many user profiles are on this machine ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

tallen1000

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »
      thanks for your time patio, i really appreciate it. i have already tried this sorry for not mentioning it. i have also tried the 'correct sidebar displays in 'tuneup utillities' but both were to no avail. I have also removed and reinstalled the gadget (several times grrrr)in my frustration i have also tried a system restore but got no joy there either. iv'e updated flash, updated java and performed virus scans (just incase) and ran  CCleaner. i do not have any problems using youtube, facebook e.t.c. Videos that play inside other websites all work fine but a site called 'www.parellisavvyclub.com' has videos that will not play.hmmm!. the WMP in the sidebar worked perfectly untill i performed the 'subinacl' scan surgested by windows. ( i am begining to dislike windows, you cant get any sence out of them). again many thanks for your time and thoughts. stay classy.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 06:11:41 AM »
      What "Tuneup Utilities" do you have installed ? ?
      There are many of them out there and few that i like...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

tallen1000

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 03:37:08 AM »
        nice one potio..  that it what it is called. Tuneup Utillieties 2008. it has served me well in the past.

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 09:15:04 AM »
        Just wondering, where did you get the WMPlayer gadget for the sidebar?  What does it do that you cannot do by merely adding WMP to your Quick Launch toolbar?

tallen1000

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 09:52:46 AM »
          i downloaded the gadget from microsofts 'gadget' web page. check it out http://gallery.live.com/results.aspx?bt=1&pl=1&ds=2&la=en&tier=0&st=1&p=1&c=37. you'll find two gadgets, one that shows the lyrics of the song playing (quite nice)and one wich is the normal WMP. all they do is provide you with a micro version of wmp that plays your entire album on start up. i like music ALOT so its just a nice gadget to have. i've started using a different gadget (downloaded from the same site)that does the exact same thing so i would like to thank you two guys for your time. it's still anoying that i could'nt figure out the prob.stay classy

soybean

Genius
          • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »
          Is it the one called "Lyrics Player", not the one called "Media Player", on that first page of your link for gadgets?

tallen1000

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 03:04:50 AM »
            yes. its also the wmp gadget, not the full wmp that there aswell