Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: C drive display  (Read 27665 times)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: C drive display
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 11:00:10 PM »
Hey, wait a sec.  8)
Just WHAT do you see that bothers you?  ???
Is the system slow? Are programs not working? Does anything hang? Does task manager show heavy activity for no reason? If not, and given the AV programs say nothing, what is the issue?
Can you try this? Restart in Safe mode. At the command prompt invoke the CHKDSK program without any options. Let's see if there is anything odd about the hard drive drive file system. ;)
There are 1600 people looking at this thread. Curious minds want to know. :-[
 What is wrong with your system? Why do you think is is Malware? How do you know it is not the common COLD? :P

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 11:18:04 PM »
Hey, wait a sec.  8)
Just WHAT do you see that bothers you?  ???
Is the system slow? Are programs not working? Does anything hang? Does task manager show heavy activity for no reason? If not, and given the AV programs say nothing, what is the issue?
Can you try this? Restart in Safe mode. At the command prompt invoke the CHKDSK program without any options. Let's see if there is anything odd about the hard drive drive file system. ;)
There are 1600 people looking at this thread. Curious minds want to know. :-[
 What is wrong with your system? Why do you think is is Malware? How do you know it is not the common COLD? :P
I believe the original issue was solved. Now it is after topic banter!
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 05:29:57 AM »
Believe this topic is getting hit a lot because it's on the top results for related winthb.exe searches. If you've stumbled upon this thread and are encountering an issue with this file I suggest creating a new topic.

Since the original posters issue appears to be resolved I'm locking this thread.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein