Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Slow website access to only one site on IE7 - Okay with Firefox?  (Read 3708 times)

vicbo

Topic Starter

I recently began having problems accessing www.ups.com using Internet Explorer 7.0 - It will load but is VERY slow.

I use UPS to print shipping labels and have never had any problem until recently.

It loads quickly with Firefox, and through my AOL browser.  I can also access it with no problems using other computers with IE7.

I tried printing labels using Firefox but get an Active-X error message and it won't install the plug-in that UPS is needed and provides, so I've resorted to using AOL, but would prefer not to if I don't have to.

I didn't make any system changes that I'm aware of, and tried deleting cookies and even tried system rollback to when it was working fine to no avail.

Can anyone offer any suggestions regarding what the problem may be?

Thanks!

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Slow website access to only one site on IE7 - Okay with Firefox?
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:50:41 PM »
    Close IE.
    Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

vicbo

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:28:59 PM »
      I just renewed my firewall/anti-virus subscription which was running out in a week, and after it updated the site loaded just fine.

The alerts that my subscription was running out soon probably started around the same time I started having the problem, so I'm assuming it was tied to that somehow but I don't know why?

Thank you for the quick repsonse though - I will try your suggestion if it happens again.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:32:04 PM »
      Hmm...I'd be curious to know what security program it is. If that was a culprit, I'd run away from any program like that.
      « Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 08:02:31 PM by Broni »

bonwelt

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 08:00:47 PM »
      Just thought you'd like to know......I started having problems with one site, www.ups.com,  about the middle of October also.  Nothing had been changed on my PC.  I'm using XP and IE7.  It takes 25 seconds for me to go from page to page.  I've had two - 2 hour tech support calls with the UPS tech support team - level one and level 2 to no avail.  Level 3 called me to say that there are several people that reported the problem and that they're "working on it".  I feel like my life is passing me by waiting for the pages to load.  I guess I'll start using Firefox just for UPS tracking (I get a lot of packages).  I'll keep you posted.