Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ATI video card drivers uninstall themselves.  (Read 5874 times)

Miranda Eubanks

ATI video card drivers uninstall themselves.
« on: March 21, 2005, 11:36:14 PM »
I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 widescreen laptop.  The drivers that came with it aren't great, because no matter what resolution I use, the images in IE are fuzzy and out of proportion.  Pictures look perfect and crisp when I open them from my hard drive, but any in IE they just look terrible.

I've found updated drivers that correct this, but the problem is that if I restart my computer, the drivers revert back to how they were before.  I follow the diections just fine, uninstalling the original drivers, installing the new ones, and restarting my computer so that they'll take effect.  I've done this three times and it the drivers just keep reverting back.  It's slowly driving me insane and I can't find any sort of help or answers anywhere.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

gussery

Re: ATI video card drivers uninstall themselves.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 04:41:36 AM »
Miranda,

Check the manual that came with your laptop.  There is a native resolution that your laptop (and all flat panel monitors) wants to run at.  Make sure you are running at that resolution and see if that doesn't fix your problem.

I have seen many people try to not use the native resolution and you will normally get fuzzy images in different places.