Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my friend has three computers and a printer hooked up to a server  (Read 2416 times)

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

All the computers connect to the internet, and they can all  print to the common printer.  However they cant use the installed HP software to tell the all in one to scan documents.  When I remove and reinstall the HP software, the computer say they cant see a network  printer, yet they can still  print to it.

All the computers are running Win XP professional.

Also when I print out a page of network settings from the printer, I get a printout with the information, and when I put the printer Ip address in the computer search bar, I get a page that refers to that printer.  So, according to the HP folk, this means the printer is on the network.  So, why is it that the computers can print to the printer, but cannot use its scanning capabilitilies?  How do I fix it?  Also I noticed that the computers referred to a twain driver that was caused the computer to freeze.  I want to remove that, will a removal and re install of the software fix this

« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 11:33:25 AM by shashgo »

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Re: my friend has three computers and a printer hooked up to a server
      « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »
      I removed and reinstalled the software for the printer on all threee computers, but the computers can only print to that printer, the scan function works sometimes only.  Do you think maybe the network card in the printer is bad even though the computers can see the printer and print to it?