Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error with processor speed  (Read 3068 times)

Jono

error with processor speed
« on: March 25, 2005, 02:23:00 AM »
Ive got a really annoying problem with my computer.
When i turn on my computer, at the boot screen it shows me that my computer's speed is 456 MHz yet my processor is actually 1800MHz. When it says 456 MHz, everything loads at the same speed as 456, loading windows XP takes 5 minutes. But sometimes it says 1800 and then it works like 1800 but sometimes it hangs as well. Ive tried everything to remove the constant crashing.. removing/buying new hardware, formatting my hard disks and reinstalling windows XP. I just couldnt figure out the problem! Can somebody tell me what the problem is and how to solve it?
[/list]ow i could solve it?

Computer_Commando

Re: error with processor speed
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 07:45:30 AM »
Reset FSB speed and multiplier in BIOS.

Jono

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 11:01:42 PM »
Computer_Commando:

How do I do what you just said?...."Reset FSB speed and multiplier in BIOS." Im a total newbie in computers and I need your help in this. Where do i reset the fsb and multiplier. Just to let you know...im using ASUS P4XP-X motherboard and the user manual and the bios screen do not provide any clues about the whereabouts of the FSB and multiplier. Can u tell me what it is called in the bios and also how i am going to reset it?

Jono

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 11:05:13 PM »
Computer_Commando:

How do I reset my FSB and multiplier and BIOS? I am using ASUS P4XP-X motherboard and the user manual do not give any clues to the where abouts of the FSB and Mulitplier setting in the BIOS, also I am a newbie in computers so help me out. Can u tell me what i should do? for example what the thing i should change is called etc? A walk-through would be ideal.