Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: best system cleaner for mac  (Read 10747 times)

paul001

Topic Starter

Rookie

best system cleaner for mac
    « on: November 01, 2008, 12:43:25 PM »
    I am a PC user and I love the nCleaner system cleaner. It works like a charm. My father's a Mac user and is in need of a good cleaner for his system. What do you all recommend?
    Thanks

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: best system cleaner for mac
    « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 10:04:35 AM »
    I've never found a need for one on my mac, nor have I ever had a mac user ever need one (I used to work as a tech at apple and am now an apple systems admin). 

Are you sure this is what he needs, and that his problems are related to something else?

paulabee

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 12:10:55 PM »
    I was thinking that maybe that is what I needed. I am not a computer pro. I bought a mac last year, have always had pc. I like it but it has begun to freeze up sometimes, respond slowly, it acts like a pc full of junk. I don't know how to compress the files, defrag, clean up or anything...i just here that you never have to. So I'm asking how do I know what's wrong with it? ???

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 02:17:55 PM »
    I'm no apple expert, but you could try reinstalling the OS from your system disk, after backing up your valuable data.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.