Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Quad Core Computer Good? :)  (Read 15097 times)

kizza1645

Re: Quad Core Computer Good? :)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 04:06:16 AM »
I didn't think anyone could use so many smileys.....

2. He will not know what the game needs until others review it.
The company provides recommended system specifications, and would most likely do this shortly before the game is completed.

3. Vista may not be the OS of choice for that game.
Impossible. What else is there? Windows 7?

4. Dual Core CPU has problems. Quad core?   
Dual core has problems? I wasn't aware of any...

I totally agree with you, i have had no prolbems with dual core, even though i have been told by so many people that there are problems.
Vista and x-box 360 are atcually the only platforms this game runs on, so vista is an absolute.

Any ideas on building my own system, i have never done it before? is it hard or complicated?

ThrowingShapes

Beginner

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 08:21:07 AM »
    I think it's alot easier than people make it out to be.  Most things are actually color coded for you.  Things will usually only fit into one spot.  The most difficult part about building a system is finding out the best bang for your buck, and making sure everything is compatible if you ask me.  Things like seating RAM and video cards couldn't be much easier, just line them up and set them in.

I'm sure if you make check that all the parts are compatible (things like motherboard/processor and the right number of pins on your ram) with each other and come back here for pointers everybody here would be more than happy to give your pointers on building your system, assuming they don't do that already.

There's also a few guides if you snoop around google for a bit.

kizza1645

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 12:19:18 AM »
    That is probably true,
    but then again is it easy enough for someone who only changes RAM and GPU's in a computer.
    Like i only know realy basic things.
    Do they usually come with some sort of instructions?
    and where would i buy the motherboard on its own and the other parts.

thanks

Shynnie

Intermediate

• "All I want is his whereabouts, then I'm rich"..!!
      « Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 04:06:53 AM »
      Hi

motherboards are all over the net and most of the parts, so it wont be difficult for you to build one as most of the instructions can be downloaded from the net too. Make sure to buy compatible pieces e.g the processor should fit in the mainboard(motherboard), the RAM should have same pins as on the board (DDR2,DDR3), the rest will fit perfectly in other holes (  :-*),

One more thing before you start with your grocery (research)

Happy shopping day
      =============================================================

"those who know how will always work 4 those who know why"

“the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence”

kizza1645

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 11:29:27 PM »
      Well, sounds like a plan.