Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Missing PDFMaker Files Error Message  (Read 4335 times)

Haylee

Missing PDFMaker Files Error Message
« on: November 06, 2008, 08:18:33 PM »
Hi
I am  using adobe acrobat 7.0 Standard and am having trouble creating pdf documents. I get the error message "Missing PDFMaker files. Do you want to run the installer in repair mode?".  I have tried this, and also uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing seems to work. I have noticed that I can create a pdf with a word document but not from any other program. I run Windows XP, and use MS Office 2003, I have recently installed MS Publisher 2007 and can't create a pdf with a .pub file either.

Can anyone help!!

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Missing PDFMaker Files Error Message
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 11:16:57 PM »
Did this problem start after you installed MS Publisher 2007?  Based on http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c05eb54, you may need to upgrade to Acrobat 8.

If your PDF creation needs are mainly to convert Word documents and other MS Office files (Excel, Publisher, etc.) to PDF, you could install a freeware PDF converter such as PrimoPDF.  Once installed, PrimoPDF appears as a printer in your computer and you select it to "print" to a PDF document.