Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I installed office 97 and then uninstalled  (Read 2529 times)

wrightt

Topic Starter

Starter

I installed office 97 and then uninstalled
    « on: November 08, 2008, 06:50:16 AM »
    now I have messed things up   help!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: I installed office 97 and then uninstalled
    « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 08:15:30 AM »
    We need more information. Please look here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33586.html

wrightt

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 08:34:05 AM »
      I have xp,computor is a systemax venture one of the problems is when i go to a web page and try to send a link  it brings up a box to use mircosoft mail and something about profile i want the computor to use outlook express I know why it is doing this because i installed office 97 for excell to use for awhile then i uninstalled 97 and it changed alot of things

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:39 AM »
      Open Internet Explorer, select Tools, Internet Options, Programs (tab), and then set Outlook Express as the email program. Click Apply and click OK.

wrightt

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 09:16:19 AM »
        already did that, when i installed and uninstalled office 97 it most of changed my profile or something like i said when i go to a web page and try to send a linkor page by e-mail a box comes up and says mircosoft outlook setup wizard,select the information services that you want to use with mircosoft outlook then it has three boxes checked that say(1) microsoft exchange server (2)microsoft mail and (3) internet mail so clearly this has nothing to do with outlook express otherwise it would just bring up a e-mail from outlook express to send. I think i have to save my back up then re-install xp my wife will destroy me if I loose anymore of her stuff.i have tried to send backup to cd and it looks like i have acomppliaced this but when i look at cd on my laptop its not there thats why i havent re-installed xp

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 04:02:34 PM »
        Well, I can't make much sense of this. I suggest installing Office 97 again and then uninstalling it again.  Then, also, download CCleaner and run it.  Be sure to run the Registry scan, after running the Windows scan.  Backup the registry when prompted and let CCleaner fix all issues found. Now, check your setting for the default email program again and make sure it's set to OE.  Then, try those email links again and see whether they work right.