Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having Touble with sound  (Read 3427 times)

sweet20029

Having Touble with sound
« on: March 29, 2005, 05:01:46 PM »
HI I am having trouble with the sound on my computer...it is there when i start up and for a few minutes than all of a sudden it is gone....it doesn't work for any program!!!

Canu help me Please

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Having Touble with sound
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 06:06:47 PM »
Have you tried installing the latest drivers for your sound card? You can find them on your sound card manufacturer's webiste... Also do you have virus protection? Also, have you installed any new hardware/software prior to this issue?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 02:58:20 PM »
    First of all check your speakers. Are they perfectly connected to the sound card of your PC and be sure that they are turned ON. If still you wont get sound check the vloume in the volume controle panel. Also check that is the "mute" option is checked. If it is checked, uncheck it. If still you wont get sound, einstall the drivers.
    D Wahab
    do take care of you and others

Ikram Hussain

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 12:48:10 PM »
    Hi there
               I think so that u  r using WinXP proffessional edition. I got same problem and after reinstalling my windows and changing keyboard, problem was solved.
    So it is better to uninstall windows and reinstall it properly coz this problem sometimes occur due curropted exe file of windows. And u know the role of exe file in windows.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
    « Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 12:56:50 PM »
    Replacing the keyboard fixed it?! I can see the operating system having an effect, but the keyboard...  ???

[glb]Flame[/glb]

sweet2002k09

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 08:41:48 PM »
    I am running IBM netvista windows me  and the sound is there for start up and just to leston to music but if u use any programs it just shuts off :-/

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
    « Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 05:58:37 AM »
    What do you mean by "shuts off"? The media player window closes? Your computer restarts?

[glb]Flame[/glb]