Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't download anything and keep getting redirected  (Read 3815 times)

EFNA

Topic Starter

Rookie

Can't download anything and keep getting redirected
    « on: November 18, 2008, 08:33:53 PM »
    I'm on a different computer. My computer keeps redirecting me to different websites so I can't download anything that could help me. 

I scan my computer with the software that is already on there and it tells me there are no threats. 

It started out as a red circle with a white x I removed that manually I also removed brastk, beep and kama manually. After I did that and it still redirects me.

Since I will not be able to go to any websites to download anything is there a solution to this?  Can I do it manually?

onion

Rookie

Re: Can't download anything and keep getting redirected
      « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 08:42:26 PM »
      same prob here, if they answer me first, my posts name is "I've got a big nasty" also, you can download SOME stuff, very little though. Most of it doesn't work if you do manage to dl it =(. The only thing that works for me is HJT, and i got it from a CD...

onion

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 08:52:18 PM »
        Not even if you type it in the address bar? try typing in http://www.computerhope.com

EFNA

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 11:16:56 PM »
          I was finally able to get to computerhope I followed the directions under

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.msg290095.html#msg290095

It worked so there was no need to post this in the first place. Thanks computerhope