Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD-Rom installed now wont start up!!  (Read 3159 times)

Jack auburn

DVD-Rom installed now wont start up!!
« on: April 02, 2005, 06:19:39 AM »
Right, i've just installed my first DVD rom, it went in fine but my system didnt recognise this new hardware, i`m running XPproSP1.

I've never done anything like this before, but i though i would try fiddling about inside with the master and slave circuits and now my computer wont start, it wont even get to the BIOS, the moniter isnt even receiveing a signal it just beeps in this kind of pattern (B=Beep, P=pause):

(power on) B P B B B P B B B P

My objective is to get two drives one CDrom and One DVD rom/CDrw (combo)

Right now though i wont be to bothered if i never get either to work, i just want my computer to switch on and work.

I've dissconected all the applicable IDE cables and then reconnected them again, Nothing. same beeping.

Can anyone help? please?

850mhz prcsr, 256mb ram, OS=XP pro with sp1

Computer_Commando

Redeyes_Gambit

Re: DVD-Rom installed now wont start up!!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 04:00:30 PM »
If the last suggestion doesn't work try this:

Do a Google or Yahoo search for your computers make and model, such as Dell Optilex or Compaq deskpro 3000 etc. and then add after that "beep codes" or "POST beep codes". a site somewhere should lists the beep code you are experiancing for your pc model and what they mean. Then get back to us with what it is if we can help any further!

Signed,
Red  

merlin_2

Re: DVD-Rom installed now wont start up!!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 04:29:47 PM »
go into the bios setup on boot del key or what ever maker using to access it.........select ...setup- default normally f9>>.......options.......have you unseated the graphics card or any other thing.......check them..remember esd.......did you recieve any error messages.......??or just  the black screen........