Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: moniter stopped working  (Read 6783 times)

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: moniter stopped working
    « Reply #15 on: April 08, 2005, 07:37:24 PM »
    When the monitor light goes to orange, have you tried pushing the monitor power button?

rs8389

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005, 04:37:16 AM »
    I had a similar situation...  But that was with onboard gfx, when I accidentally uninstalled my vga drivers =P  Except in my case, after the logon screen, my monitor just said something about the monitor not being able to display the screen.  If this be the case, I think you might be able to fix it by pressing F8 upon boot, and booting into Safe Mode.  From there, you can try reinstalling your gfx card drivers...  In any case, that solved it for me.

tigger6

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 07:44:03 AM »
     :-[ :-[
    i have had a similar problem with my monitor
    using win xp
    i did move the monitor and computer as i was installing a new dvd/rw
    when i turn on the monitor within a few seconds not even a boot comes up it turns it back to the orange light which says power saving
    previously it did this when i first got the pc and i thought it was something on the motherboard so i took things out and plugged them back in and for some reason i am not sure why it started working again bu1t now it is doing the same thing
    i know i should of checked the pc before i installed the dvd but its to late now
    any ideas

Rob May

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 05:03:43 AM »
    Same exact problem has happened to me a few times within the past couple months, although for me it's not upon startup, it's just randomly as i'm messing on the computer and the only solution i've found is to restart and then it has worked fine again.  Would be interesting to figure out what's causing this.

Ash

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2005, 08:12:18 AM »
    Try going into 'Safe Mode' to see if the display switches off. 9You can do this by restarting your pc and repeatedly hitting the F8 key until you get a list of options, of which you need to choose safe mode)
    If it does, than it is likely to be a hardware problem (ie, the GFX card), if it does not, than try reinstalling the GFX drivers in safe mode or lowering the resolution.