Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: flash video converted MP4s won't play on iPod  (Read 2522 times)

rojerd

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    flash video converted MP4s won't play on iPod
    « on: December 28, 2008, 08:45:31 PM »
    Hi, I've been using AVS Video Converter 6.2 (free edition) to convert video .flv files to MP4 video so that I can play them on my iPod.  I started doing this about a month ago, and with only a few snags managed to do this fairly easily.  These videos will play in iTunes.

I synced my iPod with iTunes for the first time in about 6 weeks today, expecting the new videos to upload.  They did not.  I received an error message that "the videos were not copied because they cannot be played on this iPod".

I already have a video on the iPod, a DVD that was converted using DVDNextCopy, but none of the MP4s will copy to the iPod. 

This iPod was a hand-me-down gift, so unfortunately I don't have all the information for it, but it's a 30GB iPod video, I think it's a 5.5g. 

I did a search on Google, and some guy who had a similar problem fixed it by changing the settings from PAL to NTSC (he lived in the US, I live in Canada); however, I a) don't know if this is the problem, and b) don't know how to change the settings in AVS even if it is.

Any help that anyone could offer with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your time,

Rojer
    System: Vista SP1; AMD X2 3800+; 2GB of DDR 400 RAM; 80GB Seagate PATA IDE;  Creative SB Audigy 2ZS; + 2 ASUS VH242H LCDs