Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem With Sapphire Driver  (Read 4852 times)

Truthisone

Topic Starter

Beginner

Problem With Sapphire Driver
    « on: January 09, 2009, 08:22:04 AM »
    I have a Sapphire HD 4830 hooked up to my Olevia 37in HD LCD through a DVI to HDMI connection. When I first installed Vista without the Vid Drivers the text look ok at 800x600 resolution, but movies don't look as crisp they should. When I installed the Vid cards latest drives from the website, the text looks bad but movies look good.

I don't understand why.

Here's the rest of my specs: Windows Vista Premium 64 bit, 4gb Ram, Gigabyte EP45-UD3R, Olevia TV http://www.olevia.com/en-us/Products/5Series/537HLCDHDTV.aspx#2

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Problem With Sapphire Driver
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:43:22 PM »
    Are you talking about how everything look on TV screen?
    I have very same TV brand, and I spent two days trying to use it as a second monitor, but I wasn't able to do it. In my case, red color was missing.
    The list of things I tried is too long to post it. I even replaced the TV next day.

Truthisone

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 06:01:29 AM »
      Yes I'm talking about how everything looks on the TV. With out the drivers the text is a (little blurry) but video is not crisp. With the drivers, video is crisp but text is blurry. I can see all the colors, but I don't want to have to choose between text or video looking good.

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 11:25:59 AM »
      Your monitor's native resolution is 1366 x 768 (16:9 ratio). If you're running at 800x600 (4:3 ratio), you're not running a widescreen resolution and just about anything will look blurred or distorted.

Try setting your desktop resolution to 1366 x 768, or the nearest 16:9 widescreen resolution. This should clear things up (pun intended)  :P

Truthisone

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »
        i've tried EVERY resolution that is where the problem is. The higher the resolution the better the video, yet the worse the text, even if I increase the font DPI size.

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »
        Doing a search about your problem, I came across this:
        http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?p=417637

I assume that's you  :P

Let us know if you've still got a problem when you get that changed.

Truthisone

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 11:05:07 AM »
          BUSTED- I've been bugging everyone I know even my friends lol. Thanks for everything. Hopefully I'll pick a good card this time.

quaxo

Guru
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 02:50:46 AM »
          BUSTED

No worries. You never know where you'll really find your answer. The more places you ask the more likely you will find an answer.  ;D If they think it's a bad card and are willing to replace it free of charge, then go for it.

Truthisone

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 05:54:23 PM »
            Update- I got my new card today. it is a Geforce 9800 GTX and man is it HUGE. It is as wide as my motherboard!

Anways, after wiggling it in my case I started noticing a big improvement. It automatically set itself to the native resolution of my TV. Video looks great. I set the font DPI to 150% so I can read things from my couch. IThe text looks good, but I think I can make it look very good with the proper tweaking now.

For instance: any black font set against a white backround looks worse that other colors. And If I could find the right font to change windows boxes too, I know it will get better.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good font out of the dispay list to use? I don't care for the default.

One other thing and my display will be perfect. Does anyone know how to make the toolbars thinner in Firefox?
            With the increased DPI they are taking up half of the screen, but the web windo itself looks decent.

I am so glad I spent an extra $60 for this card.

Broni

Mastermind
            • Kraków my love :)
              • Computer Help Forum
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 07:03:56 PM »

Truthisone

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »
              Thanks Broni

Does anyone know of a better font or style to set windows to?