Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange battery and internet browsing question...  (Read 2110 times)

starrf8

Strange battery and internet browsing question...
« on: January 16, 2009, 07:30:21 AM »
Hello all. This just started happening yesterday, but whenever I try and connect my laptop to my wireless internet it gives me a page load error on any website I try and browse EXCEPT yahoo. It allows me to load the yahoo homepage but I can't search for anything and I can't check mail. It will also load yahoo messenger, but not any other messenger. My internet it working fine. My brother has the exact same laptop as I do and his laptop and 2 other computers can connect just fine. So then I plugged my computer in to charge. When the computer's battery is plugged in and charging it allows me to surf the web and everything is back to normal.  When the battery is not charging my computer tells me I am online, but I can't browse or chat. How are the battery and my internet browsing even connected?? Thanks!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Strange battery and internet browsing question...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:34:22 AM »
This sounds awfully like a Malware problem.

I suggest starting with steps 3, 4 and 6 here:
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

If you cannot download or install the three programs, download them on another computer and rename them. Then transfer them over to the infected computer.