Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: usb error  (Read 3027 times)

Gwen D. Sones

usb error
« on: April 20, 2005, 06:42:01 AM »
I had to reboot my windows program a few weeks ago and now I am getting an error when I try to hook up my camera. I have used it in the usb before I redid the windows.  I get an error that says it cannot find a path to the usb.  Can anyone help me with what I need to do to fix this problem?

Ash

Re: usb error
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 07:30:36 AM »
Have you tried to unistall the Camera Software and then reinstall it. This method usually fixes alot of problems.

gwen d. sones

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 09:28:10 AM »
CAn I uninstall with the add/remove program in my control panel?

Kablam

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 12:48:23 PM »
yes

MegaMaster

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 02:00:13 PM »
Hm, Well, I used to use a cord for my digital camera, it's really unreliable (for the Olympus series).  I went out and just got a Data Card Reader.

-------------------------
Ya know what they say, experience is the best learning tool!
-------------------------

gwen d. sones

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 02:49:15 PM »
The error that I am getting is usbntmap.sys

Then it says to put in the windows disc which I did and that does not seem to help.

What is a data card reader?

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 03:17:57 PM »
a data card reader is for credit cards etc.......maybe you have confused winxp......how many usb ports have you got.....

gwen d. sones

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 03:22:11 PM »

merlin_2

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 03:30:38 PM »
this is a patch which is suppose to sort it>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=733dd867-56a0-4956-b7fe-e85b688b7f86&DisplayLang=en
^^keep it in mind^^or go to the makers website for upgrading usbs
----------------------------------------------------------------------
but i would uninstall all of the software and ........remove the hard ware from the device manager. right-click on the my computer icon ..then click the properties tab.....spalsh screen device manager  now scroll down the list till you come across the usb devices that you have camera etc...and click remove.......and now  re-boot the pc......now load the software first ......then attach the usb device.......