Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't find my A drive  (Read 2815 times)

puterdumb

can't find my A drive
« on: April 20, 2005, 03:38:31 PM »
a friend installed a mem. card for me. now my floppy drive says"no disc". i tried the compaq tests and they say i have a 5 1/2" disc,I do not.my friend felt sorry about it but didn't know what was wrong so he gave me a cdrw.needless to say i can't get that to work either.floppy is listed in my "system" as a standard floppy drive.i tried to get to bios and cmos but no luck.WHAT am I doing wrong?really need some kind of storage.
puterdumb

Computer_Commando

Re: can't find my A drive
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 04:20:55 PM »
...i tried to get to bios and cmos but no luck...

What did you try?  Most Compaq's require F10 to enter BIOS.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 04:22:58 PM »
    puterdumb........What kind of a pc do you have and what o/s are you using ....... What do you mean by memory card ? ......"really need some kind of storage."

Did you buy this pc from Ebay .......recently ......the one that Noah used to navigate the ARC ?

Give us some info ......you may have a museum piece there .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

puterdumb

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 05:31:29 PM »
    wow,fast help,thanks.i have an old compaq 7360and i'm running windows 98se. i did get to the bios and did find that my A drive was disabled.i enabled for 1.44mb floppy and now my drive is spinning and clicking but then comes up with "this disc is not formatted",would you like to format now?clicked yes and then it says can not format.now what?
    my screen name says it all.lol

Computer_Commando