Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: YouTube different on IE7 compared to Mozilla  (Read 2879 times)

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

YouTube different on IE7 compared to Mozilla
    « on: January 27, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »
    I think the "F" means face book and every time I download a video from you Tube using Mozilla the video loads and I get the "F" I put the cursor on it and the "F" changes to play the video.  On IE7 this anomaly doesn't happen. So, it has something to do with Mozilla.  This could be way sometimes my videos on youtube mozilla flicker.

There is no way to contact YouTube to ask about this so I thought I would ask you if you know how to disable this.

thefonz
    Harry
    attachments2

[attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: YouTube different on IE7 compared to Mozilla
    « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 07:03:08 PM »
    Actually, what you're seeing is a Flash symbol:

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:04:25 PM »
    Actually, what you're seeing is a Flash symbol:

was just about to say that....

Its odd that your cursor changes to that though... are you using any special flash modifications? Or a flash downloading program?

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:37:11 PM »
      Do I need booth of them? All I have to say is that one of them is probably causing my youtube video to flick and causing the picture to stretch like say there is a guy and his legs are stretched way down and if I pause the video it looks normal.  But I have to say not the majority of videos just some and others look fine.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »
      First one is for IE, the second one for FF.
      Adobe Reader is for opening .pdf files.

fairyboi88

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:03:42 AM »
        I think the "F" means face book and every time I download a video from you Tube using Mozilla the video loads and I get the "F" I put the cursor on it and the "F" changes to play the video.  On IE7 this anomaly doesn't happen. So, it has something to do with Mozilla.  This could be way sometimes my videos on youtube mozilla flicker.

There is no way to contact YouTube to ask about this so I thought I would ask you if you know how to disable this.

thefonz
        Harry
        attachments2

So let me get this right, are you saying that when you load a youtube page in Firefox that it is showing that "f" and then you have to click on it in order to start the video? If so, look in your Firefox add-ons, there might be an add-on that says Flash Blocker or something along the lines of that. What it does, is that it blocks any flash on the page and will not show you whats underneath until you click the "F". The purpose of this add-on was to allow people to have faster loading times, because it wouldn't actually load that specific content until you click the "f".