Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor  (Read 2681 times)

ashleyb

monitor
« on: April 21, 2005, 03:32:51 PM »
im at a friends house and her monitor is really blurry. i tried going to properties and adjust her settings and/or color but it didnt help. can someone lpease tell me how to make it less blurry? also when i type in instant messanger or something else it seems like it has a shadow. can someone please help me. im running on windows xp if that makes a difference. thanks

Sean

Re: monitor
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 11:15:19 PM »
New video card drivers.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 11:30:05 PM »
    ashleyb.....was it working ok .......?  Did someone change some settings ?

let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

rs8389

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 12:01:15 AM »
    Ok, my first guess would be a poorly configured monitor...  Is this a CRT or LCD?  Well, go into the menu on the monitor (There should be a button on the monitor that says "menu") and try changing the moire settings.  If it's an LCD and your on XP, turning on ClearType fonts may help (Right click desktop, properties, appearance, effects.  Change smoothing type to ClearType.)

Well, if that doesn't work...  Try updating the video card drivers.  If that doesn't work, I'd put my bet that your friend's monitor simply sucks  :P