Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HJ Split or split and rejoin program error - CRC not matching.  (Read 4406 times)

chad

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • Woo Woo
    HJ Split or split and rejoin program error - CRC not matching.
    « on: February 02, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »
    Hi all

I have just spent three days downloading a video file someone had split, and upon rejoining the ten parts using HJ SPlit, trying to open the zip file I get this error

Extracting worldcup.avi    Error: CRC mismatch in file "worldcup.avi" in the archive "D:\\Unfinished\worldcup[1].rar"

I wonder there is a split/rejoin program that can fix CRC mismatches? Or is there anything else I can do to open this .avi?

I run WinXP SP3, used Winzip 11.1, all ten parts have the same filename e.g. worldcup.rar.001, worldcup.rar.002 etc.

Thanks, I hope I have enough info here.

:-\

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: HJ Split or split and rejoin program error - CRC not matching.
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 07:40:42 PM »
    CRC error usually means, that one of those partial files are corrupt. I'm not aware of any way to fix it.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »
    Ain't gonna happen...there is not a program that can correct/join the files as it has no way of knowing what is missing.
    Start Over.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Hoshi no Koe

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 09:37:34 AM »
    I've had enough bad experience with HJSplit in the past to offer you this advice. If you find any download links that end with 001, 002, 003, etc. and there's no .RAR as a suffix, just walk away.

HJSplit may be useful with smaller files, but when it comes to huge ones, it is disasterous, simply because it doesn't do CRC check. What it does with all your split files is it does this stupid, rudimentary joining. And data error happens quite a lot these days with Rapidshare and Megaupload servers. With a program like RAR, at least you can find out which parts are corrupted, and go back to download them. With HJSplit you are SOL.