Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SP3 and microsoft office 2000  (Read 6399 times)

leigh11

Topic Starter

Rookie

SP3 and microsoft office 2000
    « on: February 03, 2009, 05:53:30 PM »
    I have reinstalled windows XP a number of times and have reinstalled microsoft office 2000 afterwards with no trouble (it suits my needs for home use) after installing SP3 I find I am unable to reinstall office 2000. It starts the process then stops loading at a certain point and will not move on.  Today I tried again and found this error E:/PFiles/Common/MSshared/WebSrvEx/40(bin)FP4ANWI.DLL can anyone shed any light on this and how I can fix it.

thanks
    Leigh

fgdn17

Hopeful

Re: SP3 and microsoft office 2000
      « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 06:39:57 PM »
      so what happens if you install xp, then update to SP2, then install office 2K, check and verify it, then install SP3, then verify office 2k is still fine...???
      « Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 07:46:21 PM by fgdn17 »

leigh11

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 01:53:22 AM »
        Well I hadn't thought of that but I will have to uninstall SP3 I am not sure how to go about that - do you know?

I was also hoping to find out what the error message means?

thanks
        Leigh

fgdn17

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 10:04:05 AM »
          Well I hadn't thought of that but I will have to uninstall SP3 I am not sure how to go about that - do you know?

I was also hoping to find out what the error message means?

thanks
          Leigh

uninstall SP3:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itproxpsp/thread/350b2a9c-c075-4e5a-98ce-4200cd68f290/

the error your getting maybe a CD gone bad re:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321339

leigh11

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »
            Thanks for your reply. I have found SP3 in add/remove programs, I have SP3 on disc I did not install it, once I remove it is it simply follow the prompts on the disc to reinstall, would I be likely to strike any problems?

Norma

leigh11

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »
              It is having trouble with that particular file E:/PFiles/Common/MSshared/WebSrvEx/400(bin)FP4ANWI.DLL it says verify the file exists and you can access it.

I am hoping someone can tell me  how can it be missing from the disc suddenly and how do I get it back?

thabks
              Leigh

fgdn17

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 03:54:15 PM »
                It is having trouble with that particular file E:/PFiles/Common/MSshared/WebSrvEx/400(bin)FP4ANWI.DLL it says verify the file exists and you can access it.

I am hoping someone can tell me  how can it be missing from the disc suddenly and how do I get it back?

thabks
                Leigh

showed you in my second pointer above refering to the error...most likely a BAD CD..., like anything they do go bad...get a scratch/etc.

you could try to copy the whole CD to a folder on your hard drive then install from there BUT if the disk has gone bad then you won't be able to copy that file and maybe others...

Good Luck