Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Connected but can't view pages  (Read 2603 times)

iandrus

Topic Starter

Internet Connected but can't view pages
    « on: February 10, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »
    My wireless internet connection says I am connected at full strength, the other people i work with are able to use internet so its not the network. My IP address matches others except the last three digits. I also am unable to access my C: drive, when i do it says windows was unable to find RECYCLER/......... .com. Now the same thing is happening when i enter my USB storage device. it tells me it is unable to open RECYCLER...... .com, so iassume whatever it is has spread to my storage device. My computer has also been freezing up every once in awhile. Do I have some kind of Trojan? I do have NOrton however it is expired and the current scan does not locate any problems. how do i get rid of it without being able to access the internet to update my security definitions?

iandrus

Topic Starter

Re: Internet Connected but can't view pages
      « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:03:41 PM »
      it also isn't allowing me to do a system restore.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
        • Experience: Expert
        Re: Internet Connected but can't view pages
        « Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
        Sounds like you're infected.  Without updated antivirus and antispyware software you're looking at a trial ahead.  Better consider backing up anything of value and doing a clean reinstall Windows.  Another option is pull the drive and slave it to another computer, running AV & AS scans.

Alan <><  :D
        I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced