Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Does DMA affect video quality?  (Read 1651 times)

Nita

Topic Starter

Rookie

Does DMA affect video quality?
    « on: February 11, 2009, 01:51:40 AM »
    Hey
    Today I was burning a video file onto a DVD.
    I have Sonic (dvd burning software) on my computer and in the past its worked really great but today was a bit different.
    When I went to open it a message popped up saying 'MyDVD has detected that DMA is turned off for one or more of the recording devices attched to the system. In order to successfully write to the device, DMA should be turned on...'
    This has never popped up before till today and I've already tried changing the settings by going onto system properties in my computer and changing it to 'DMA if available'.
    I don't think much can be done to fix it but if anyone has another way to enable DMA I'm willing to give it a go.
    My main question however is how would not turning DMA on affect the whole burning process and more important how would it affect my video file that I'm saving? I'm pretty sure it took longer to burn (well, longer than usual). Is that one of the effects of not enabling DMA.
    I've tried searching on the net but I not really good with all the 'techno-vocab' so from what I've read by enabling DMA, 'the CPU works less harder' (in simple terms).   

mannsupreme

Beginner
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Does DMA affect video quality?
      « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 02:37:14 AM »
      the same thing happened to me and i just went ahead and burnt a DVD anyway it still works fine, try it :P
      Why did the lion get lost?
      Because jungle is massive!