Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't connect to a ftp site  (Read 6066 times)

djtiny

Topic Starter

can't connect to a ftp site
    « on: February 14, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »
    Hi All This Is My First Post so i hope it's in the right place

i can't connect to a ftp site that a friend  setup he as my ip address. i put in my password + user name he's ip address and port 3276 but yummy just times out all the time. if i setup with no user name the same thing i have  tread windows   
    and mac computers reinstall the O S put a new router on my landline ... steel no luck 
    I am with O2 broadband they said there is no port blocking .... i what to a friend  that also go's on this site and he can connect all the time i have taking a laptop with me and got on there.. so i know its not my setup from my ftp program .
    the only thing i can think off is with O2 you have to use a vci off 101 and not 38,, and the DNS Servers is set to 84.45.18.139

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: can't connect to a ftp site
    « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 05:16:43 AM »
    What program are you using to connect? FileZilla? EFTP?

djtiny

Topic Starter

Re: can't connect to a ftp site
      « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:05:44 AM »
      hi  i used yummy ftp mac and flash fxp on a windows vista , i get no connection just time out from both i think it must be O2 Broadband settings
      as this is the only thing that is different from my setup and my friends he using flash fxp BUt O2 said they have no port ban. the vci setting from O2 is 101 not 38 , and i have to put in there dns settings