Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Zip program  (Read 4051 times)

kelojo

Zip program
« on: April 26, 2005, 11:06:47 AM »
My OS=Win95... I d/loaded regclean.exe. When I try to run the .exe it says to Unzip it - so I run Unzip and it says "3 files unzipped successfully". However it calls for Winzip and I don't have that program installed - I have Easy Zip.  Is there another "free" Zip program available for me to install regclean.exe? Thanx for any and all suggestions.

cigarman

Intermediate
    Re: Zip program
    « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 03:00:42 PM »
    Try PowerArchiver freeware ver 5.6.
    Do a google search and follow the link. ;D

Nigel

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 03:07:17 PM »
    Or download winzip.If you go to their site you get a free 21 day trial

kelojo

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 09:28:17 PM »
    Thanks cigarman and nigel.  I will try and d/l the free trial of Winzip first...but since its only a 21 day trial will "regclean" continue to work after that? I would like to keep using regclean on a continuing basis..so its important to know if I can do this after the free trial is up.  I don't want to pay for WZip if I can avoid doing so.

Nigel

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 01:21:36 PM »
    Once you unzip the file with winzip it will remain unzipped, even if you don't have winzip.
    I've still got my free version of winzip and it lets me unzip files but not zip them up.  :)

cigarman

Intermediate
      « Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 04:20:28 PM »
      Your choice both will work, Powerarchiver v 5.6 is totally free and fully functional, zip and unzip and more.. ;D