Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows media player problem  (Read 2241 times)

oldblues music fan

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

windows media player problem
    « on: March 07, 2009, 12:45:39 PM »
    i am able to hear sound from everything but my windows media player. i was playing a cd and decided to rip and burn it. it ripped but it did not burn and since then i cannot hear a cd play.

i went to enhancements and made sure the graphic equalizer was on and at midrange. i verified that mute was not on. i went to run and entered dxdiag.exe and the diagnostics were fine. i restarted my computer that did not help. i was going to download version 11 which i have to see if it would change anything but i was not sure if i should save or run that program.

i could not find tools, options  in media player 11 to see which file types were checked or unchecked to see if that could help.

i have xp home edition ver 2002 service pack 3. it is an AMD Athlon processor with windows media player 11.

i think i clicked something i should not have , went over many areas there and cannot figure out what is wrong. NEED SUGGESTIONS !!!

thanks to all who try to help me.

oldblues music fan

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: windows media player problem
      « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »
      wellllllllllllllllll...... i matched all of my checked or unchecked demands on my wmp 11  to another persons wmp11 . theirs played and mine still did not.

i put the cd in the player and requested realplayer and the cd in the tray played. so i think something in the "burn" dept of wmp is not allowing the cd to play or the playlist to play.....
      this is frustrating and i need help to figure it out .... any wmp detectives out there?

oldblues music fan

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »
        someone in windows media group helped me solve the problem.... in windows media player 11, under rip or something that has "more options" go to devices, make sure rip and playback are both set to digital not analog......

mr tee

Beginner
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:01:04 AM »
          try this..  http://Http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892313  and run wmp 9 if this works come back here!!