Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Binprn.32.dll will not register  (Read 3737 times)

bosal

Binprn.32.dll will not register
« on: April 30, 2005, 07:55:40 AM »
Here is the situation I have a program for managing snooker hall lights for billing and accounting, it was running on win98 2nd edition, the computer crashed after many years. I managed to make an image of the hard drive, and retrieved the folder with the program in it, reinstalled win98 2nd edition, on another comp, and dropped the folder into C: Drive, I got the prog running, installing all the missing files/dll it required. The way the program works is when you flick on a table light on, the program starts billing that table, at the end of each shift you used to be able to print all the table totals, this is were my problem is, I cant register binprn32.dll, in the error log it reports it can’t find this dll. I have tried registering it manually using “regsvr32” and with a dll register tool but it still failed, the program is doing everything else but printing, when you attempt to print the printer flashes, so I think the info is getting there.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
Re: Binprn.32.dll will not register
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 09:02:40 AM »
Either you have to be in the directory where the DLL resides, or you can supply a path to the DLL on the command line when you register it..

Did you search for BINPRN32.DLL? Did you find it? It may not have made the migration on to the new machine.

8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

bosal

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 12:40:44 PM »
the dll is in the system folder, i copied it over from the copy i made of the original hard drive, i can find the path to the dll, but i get "failed to register"

Thanks

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 01:15:48 PM »
You can check out this site for any clues:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q249873/#XSLTH3128121123120121120120

One possibility is that the DLL is corrupt, but Microsoft can explain it better.

Good luck.  8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein