Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard Problem  (Read 3188 times)

corndale

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard Problem
    « on: April 30, 2005, 09:16:12 AM »
    I purchased the Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyborad 1.0A and the Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse package 12/03, and absolutely love the freedom it gives me.  Lately however, the keyboard does not respond properly when I depress the keys.  I must constantly move the keyboard to a different location (for instance, on my lap) to get the keys to work.  I put in fresh Duracell Coppertop AA batteries, but the results did not change.  Both the mouse and keyboard sit on top of my desk, with the mouse to the right of the keyboard.  The tramsmitter, which connects to the computer via USB wire, sits under the desk.  The mouse works fine.  This setup has not changed since 12/03.  Since I do a considerable amount of input via the keyboard, this is a major inconvenience.  Could the keyboard itself be the problem?  Any suggestions for resolving this problem?

OS is WinXP Home with Service Pack 2, PIII 1.2G, 512mb, 80G & 20G HD.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard Problem
    « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 09:36:02 AM »
    Are you sure that the software needed for the keyboard is installed and compatible?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

corndale

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 09:40:01 AM »
      Yes - the current Driver Version is 2.20.447.0 Dated 3/21/02.  This is the latest driver that I can find for the keyboard.  The Keyboard functioned fine until just recently.

gussery

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 10:06:33 AM »
      Try moving the transmitter/receiver on top of the desk and resetting it with the connect button on the transmitter.

I use several wireless setups at various places and they all can get a bit flaky at times.  If you have moved another wireless setup somewhere near it the you may get interference from that.  If you have added another electrical device on or near your desk it could interfer.  I have even seen the signal degrade by filling up the paper click tray in the drawer just above the transmitter.