Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with making sure I back things up properly  (Read 2177 times)

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Need help with making sure I back things up properly
« on: March 09, 2009, 08:37:49 PM »
I'm loaded with spyware, viruses, all that stuff. Good news, I found a friend who knows a lot on computers and he is helping me with things, but I'm going to have to reformat the whole hard drive, and before he comes back, I'm trying to get things into this folder we made on the desktop to put things in that I want to try and keep and we can scan everything and make sure it's all ok.
But one thing I'm trying to figure out is how to backup emails that are in Outlook Express. I've got a list in my contact list that I don't want to lose.
I'm also trying to figure out how to get my passwords and user names all printed out too. My friend was trying to help me do that, but things kept freezing up and stuff. He hit the print screen syssrq button and then paste it in PowerPoint and printed it off from there. But then tried doing it from my other browser, and things kept freezing. At first we tried using word, but keep getting the blue screen in there.
See, I save the user names and passwords for all the sites I go to with all the hacking and stuff. I can't remember everything. So, that is what we are trying to get printed off.
One of the other things I keep trying to figure out and understand about things is making sure I'm going to the correct websites and stuff whenever I enter in a url to go to websites. See, some sites I notice start with http://
then some I notice leave it off and just type like maybe www.computerhope.com
Then I wasn't sure if do I need to type out index.html or stuff like that? or index.htm, default.htm, default.html? and if so, where in the url do we add it?
That is what gets really confusing as to whether I'm logging in at the correct places and all and not going to get hacked and stuff.
Oh and our internet provider is Bellsouth/At&t. Since switching to bellsouth, we keep running into so many weird problems too. See we use to have just dialup with Earthlink. Switched to Bellsouth DSL about a year or so ago, and running into so many problems. My nephew set it up, the modem and router on my computer, and it's wired network going out to mom's computer. At first her computer couldn't even connect. People said it was because we didn't bridge things or that we need to upgrade the firmware. None of that was the problem. Then did have a repairman out and he finally figured it out. It had to do with these pins in the wall that weren't holding good. Ever since though have had weird problems with our internet service getting canceled on us and we call and they said someone called and canceled it, but nobody ever did. So, that is the other problem we sometimes run into.