Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB no longer works  (Read 2619 times)

James West

USB no longer works
« on: May 01, 2005, 05:33:33 PM »
I have a 1 year old win xp computer, 4 usb's in rear, 2 in the front. all used to work. 2 weeks ago, the 2 front stopped working, or at least thats when I noticed they weren't working, the 4 rear still worked.  Today, 2 of the rear have quit, 2 still worked. I cannot think of anything that has changed, I have run adaware and spybot looking for trouble, found nothing. No yellow marks in Device manager either.  Any clues? thanks, Jim West

rs8389

Re: USB no longer works
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 07:56:59 PM »
Did you try updating your drivers?

raverboy25

Re: USB no longer works
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 11:01:09 PM »
I am having a problem with my USB also.  I have 7 USB 2.0 ports installed in the rear of my PC.  I am running a AMD 2800, 512 MB of ram, Windows XP Pro.  Well anyways, on one USB card the usb's dont seem to be providing enough power.  MY other USB card works sometimes as a USB 2.0 but most of the time they only work as USB 1.1.  I have gone through my bios and check if anything funny was there.  I also have ran Ad-Aware and Spybot and my virus checker.  I have disassembled my whole PC and reassembled it.  Cleaned it.  Done about everything I know how to do.  Anyone have any suggestions on what is going on with my USB ports.  Could it be that I have too many things running on my power Supply.  I have 6 case fans...two hard drives, 2 DVD-RW's, and a whole bunch of lights and stuff like that.