Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Home page reset  (Read 3637 times)

mmontg6

Home page reset
« on: March 19, 2004, 12:37:13 PM »
I have Windows 95 and I use Internet Explorer.  Whenever I restart my computer, the starting home page of Internet Explorer is always changed to http://fastsearch.cc/cxlow/   which appears to be some stupid search engine.  I have changed it many times and set the default home page to something else but it will always go back once I restart the computer.  I have tried using Ad-aware and removed all spyware, yet still resets home page.  Any suggestions?

mark_c

Re: Home page reset
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 04:51:59 PM »
Try Spybot Search & Destroy, install and run it and see what it omes up with then open spybot at tools / browser pages and lock down your homepage.

If no luck get CWshredder and run that, that got rid of CoolWebSearch for me.

These dorks put entries in the registry so unless you get them out of there every boot will bring it up

meh

Re: Home page reset
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 01:57:07 PM »
ive had that kind of problem before kept changing mine to some page that said i had spyware and when ever it loaded up ejected my cd-rom except it changed to that page whenever IE was loaded up im not sure how exactly how i got rid of it but before i loaded up IE i went in to its properties and changed my Home adress did this for a awhile than finnaly stopped srry couldnt be of more help