Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gateway 2000 Issue Still????  (Read 4813 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Gateway 2000 Issue Still????
    « Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 10:22:20 AM »
    I got the number I think?  I put it in and its asking for a 10 digit num to anything before oct 04 but the number I have is seven and says serial!
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 12:32:03 PM »
    What numbers are you talking about here ? ?
    If the drive does not spin up it is dead...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 12:34:48 PM »
      It works its a psu issue.  I want to contact them since you guys obvesily cant aid me here.  Not being rude just that its so old and I want it to work.  The serial number
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »
        The site asks for it or a SNID num whatever that is... 

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 01:36:30 PM »
          IM LOST HERE HELP!!!!!!

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 11:35:44 AM »
            here's a surprise I dont have enough time to get it all said, in the long run I removed the cd reader since its not needed and was there for some cause and the drive spun up.  Thing is that the BIOS didnt see any thing of like 4 gb range.  Got the old ones fire it up and got dos on it the other hd is dead may try my one maxtor and see but its clicking.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 05:26:51 PM »
            Why you insist on resuscitating dead/dying hardware is beyond me....
            And don't give me that line about how it's teaching you things because the same issues keep happening over and over....
            This would indicate the learning process isn't progressing at all but at a standstill.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 09:58:34 AM »
              What I just said that it works.   ::)  The thing is that I had a 2 gb drive that I wanted to use which had worked in place of the orginal drive.  I have a quantum that I was going to use but it was 4 gb and the bios wouldnt support it.  I ended up useing one of the orginals after testing them saing that there failing but appearntly that isnt so true since Dos is on one of them.