Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Help  (Read 2976 times)

Thomas Gayer

Computer Help
« on: May 02, 2005, 10:18:32 PM »
One of my computers was runny hot. So i decided to take of the heatsink and fan to make sure everything looked ok. Then while in there I noticed there was a  good but a dust and hair on the video card so I cleaned out as much as possible. But now it wont even start up. I turn on the computer the restart like comes on and the fans run but no beeps or anything else. So i took everything out but my video card and still nothing dose anyone have any idea's. Thank You

rs8389

Re: Computer Help
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 10:23:14 PM »
Did you take anything out besides the fan/heatsink?

Bigtg87

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 10:24:08 PM »
Yeah i remove video card so i could clean out the dust other than that nothing

Shadow

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 10:56:31 PM »
Perhaps when you put the video card back in after cleaning, you trapped dust in the connetctors?

Bigtg87

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 09:46:02 PM »
cleaned out the slot computer still wont run

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Quick computer startup checkups
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 10:09:11 PM »
(>'_')> Well, first check your power supply. To self check the powersupply unplug it from the motherboard and turn it on if it runs then your power supply is fine.

Then you hook it up to your motherboard. Making sure first that the CPU is plugged back in correctly turn it on again. If the power supply dont  turn on or the cpu fan dont move then you might have trouble with the motherboard <('_'<)

Bigtg87

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 11:54:27 AM »
check power supply works then plugged in computer still runs but nothing shows up on the monitor