Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard disk is not getting detected  (Read 3210 times)

Chandrashekhar

Hard disk is not getting detected
« on: May 03, 2005, 06:10:45 AM »
When i connect my hard disk as master it is not getting detected & shows that some error in the disk.

When i make it slave in other coms hard disk gets detected but u can't see any drives in it , that mean su cn't access it .

How to overcome this problem now........

blue_caddy

Re: Hard disk is not getting detected
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 10:28:13 AM »
get the hds tools from the maker and run the test in dosmaybe a bad hd ?can you see it in the bios? or is it just windows not seeing it?

Stickyfgz

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 05:59:25 PM »
Is it a new HDD cause maybe your HDD is simply empty thats why that no drive is set yet. Run Fdisk in dos mode to make a primary partition then format it. If it contain error try running Scandisk. If your using the same cable to connect your HDD and your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM make sure that the HDD is master and the CD-ROM is cable select.

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 07:04:59 PM »
Hey are you having the same problem as me with certain Hard Drives? When you put in a new Hard Drive it detects it in DOs but when it actually load... Hey where did it go?

The ones I have for some reason are difficult to reformat and fdisk. scandisk is useless if you can't Fdisk it.  Well if you are aving a problem with the Hard Drive like mine. Try re erasing the Hard Drive or make it a secondary Master to format it.