Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Won't turn on?  (Read 1678 times)

elitezero

Computer Won't turn on?
« on: March 22, 2009, 08:21:11 PM »

So recently my computer would not turn on. So I automatically thought it was either my psu or my mobo. Since I was already going to buy another psu I just went for it and bought one. I installed it, and upon pressing the power button it fired up, I was happy.
About 3 minutes later, after I was already on the internet, it shut down again. I pressed the power button to try to turn it on and nothing happened.
So I tried changing sockets on the wall for some reason, and it worked. Computer came back up, I checked the bios for overheating but I was running at 34 degrees so I continued starting up, only to find the computer shut down upon window's startup.
I tried plugging the cord into a different socket and every time it fires up again for only 2 seconds now. If I dont change the plug then nothing happens whatsoever.
If I leave the computer alone for long enough, then I am able to use it for longer without it powering off, which I would believe would be linked to overheating but the temps are completely fine.

Any Ideas?

Please

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Computer Won't turn on?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:46:38 PM »
Could be a short in the power cord.
Try another one.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/