Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I am having a bit of a problem , can ANYONE help  (Read 1907 times)

lugnuts6

Topic Starter

I am having a bit of a problem , can ANYONE help
    « on: April 08, 2009, 11:22:15 AM »
    This occurred last night as I was going on to myfoxhouston.com to join chat for their news at 9 (10pm my time) well when I accessed the site I got this ...(see arrow on picture 1)

Is it time for a new hard drive, did a virus get in , or is it the site , because thats not the only one where i get the blank screen with the small pic of three shapes
    What do I have to do , reupload win xp ????

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: I am having a bit of a problem , can ANYONE help
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 12:46:45 PM »
    What Internet browser is this you're using (I'm going to assume Internet Explorer). Based off what I see in the screen shot seems more like a browser issue instead of some type of virus or malware infection.

If closing the browser and re-opening it does not fix this issue you may want to clear your browsing history. Steps on how to do this at: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000510.htm

Once the browsing history has been cleared try closing the browser and re-open and see if the same issue occurs.

If it's still happening is this happening on all pages or just this fox page you're visiting?
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

lugnuts6

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 12:58:13 PM »
      Its happening on all pages i go to , on some sites (like wrestleview.com for example) I can see a video , but today I wanted to see the video again , and i get the blank with the small icon on the upper left hand corner with the three shapes...

And i notice the same shapes when I go to other sites BUT the difference is that the icons come up after about a few minutes ..

But here is the thing , it was working fine yesterday afternoon, I got the myfoxhouston.com chatroom clear as a bell, but then night came and boom blank with that small icon of three shapes
      I am using the present version of Internet explorer by the way

I also do notice the yellow caution/warning icons on most of the pages ...

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 02:22:25 PM »
      Did you try cleaning your browsing history as explained above? I'd still recommend that as it's usually a good first step in troubleshooting browsing issues. If that doesn't solve the issue,which is likely since it's happening randomly, which sounds suspicious try running mbam on the computer.

Download for mbam (malware bytes)

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
      -Albert Einstein