Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My AVG won't work anymore  (Read 2445 times)

JHenderson

Topic Starter

Beginner
    My AVG won't work anymore
    « on: April 10, 2009, 07:51:05 PM »
    As of yesterday I was updating my computer using Secunia. I finished doing that and rebooted the computer. When computer was done loading avg tray was nowhere to be found on the taskbar. I tried to open the program and it gave me this error message "'The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect". Ok, so then I tried uninstalling AVG and reinstalling it but it still says the same thing. Sometimes windows Security Center recognizes its running and up to date but I cant even open the program. Since that time, I have been getting some unusual popups online occasionally and even Secunia wont open past the "testing network connection screen". I don't know whats going on. I tried searching online and people have had this problem but the so called "experts" weren't even close to as knowledgable as you guys here at Computer hope. So here I am.  :-\ I ran a scan using malwarebytes (JUST IN CASE) and it came up clean. Thanks
    Vista Basic
    Pentium M 1.6
    1 GB ram
    80 GB HDD 2 TB external
    Toshiba Satellitle
    128 graphics

JHenderson

Topic Starter

Beginner
      Re: My AVG won't work anymore
      « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
      SORRY WRONG FORUM  ::)

JHenderson

Topic Starter

Beginner
        Re: My AVG won't work anymore
        « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 08:19:40 PM »
        UPDATE: I have gotten secunia to load and did a spyware scan. Secunia score at 100%. I havent gotten anymore "weird Pop-ups" so I guess my main p[roblem is getting AVG running. Thanks again