Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wirless problems  (Read 2352 times)

nsba

Topic Starter

wirless problems
    « on: April 21, 2009, 09:04:52 AM »
    Hey sorry to bother... but i am at a loss and my provider is not helping.

I have just moved over to wireless internet. I found it kept disconnecting. with o2 broadband you get an assistant that pops up when it disconnects and tries to fix the error. i found it would disconnect and the assistant would fix it but this happened every 15 mins so i rung them and they did pieces to resolve it.

now my internet keeps disconnecting, well when i say it disconnects its weird.. the assistant opens and says that internet explorer has disconnected. and it tries to fix it but with no luck. what i find weird is when this happens applications such as msn continue to work as normal and file downloads continue but all web pages come up page cannot be displayed and the assistant tells me there is an error.

now i have found if i reset my laptop that when it reboots i am back on the internet but as u can imagine this is bloody annoying... does anyone have any idea what the <censored> i can do to fix it

thanks in advance

windows vista
    internet exploer version 8

BumFacer

Rookie

• Its not the things they say, its what they whisper
      Re: wirless problems
      « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 09:07:51 AM »
      Have you tried it non wirelessly to see if the problem is with the wireless connection to the router or the actual connection to the Internet?
      Depending on which wireless router you have then if you logon to the routers management feature you can see from its log when and if the Internet connection is dropping...

nsba

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
        u mean connect it using the ethernet cable?

I dont know how to get that info from my router !

BumFacer

Rookie

• Its not the things they say, its what they whisper
          « Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 09:13:56 AM »
          Ye sI mean connect it to the router using the ethernet cable.  Then if it still happens you know its the router/internet connection NOT the wireless setup.
          Tell me which router it is and I'll tell you how to get onto the management feature (or try!)