Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help needed  (Read 2403 times)

Barbiie

help needed
« on: April 25, 2009, 03:47:26 PM »
I have recently installed Windows live messenger on my computer, running on Windows XP, however i needed to reinstall it so i deleted it from the program files so it wasnt there, i then tried to reinstall it, but said it was still installed, so i then went on to search all files containing "windows live" in the name, and deleted those associated with it, yet it still hasnt been uninstalled.

lostcoast

Hopeful
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 04:52:22 PM »

The best way to remove programs is from the ''control panel'' ''Add / Remove Programs''

You can try this to see if it helps http://www.revouninstaller.com/

I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

paulb2009

Greenhorn

Re: help needed
    « Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 10:53:49 PM »
    If you haven't already, try uninstalling it by going to the Control Panel, and then clicking on "Add/Remove Programs" ("Programs --> Uninstall a program" in Vista).   Find Windows Live in the list and uninstall.

If that doesn't work, then you should try to do a system restore.  This will basically "roll back" your settings to "before" you made those changes.
    You can accomplish this by going to "Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->System Restore"  Follow the on-screen directions and select a date prior to when you made the changes you mentioned above.