Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random deleting of files  (Read 1766 times)

olisoleil

Topic Starter

Random deleting of files
    « on: May 19, 2009, 08:12:01 AM »
    Help please!
    I noted that my computer has started to randomly delete recent files in My Documents folders. For example, a bunch of songs i recently purchased on Itunes are missing (although the Folder with the artist name is there). Another example are pictures I took with my camera and imported on my computer - missing too. Same with a few movies I saved. None of these files are in the recycle bin and I can't locate them at all on my computer. Has anybody experienced this before? My computer is a new Dell Inspiron 15 and I am not sure if there is something wrong with it or if there is something else with Vista. I have all the security software to protect my computer so I am not sure if this is due to a virus or something else. Help please!
    Thanks,
    Olisoleil

peter37

Rookie

Re: Random deleting of files
      « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:34:20 AM »
      Had the same issue keep us poted when you are more clear thanks! 8)

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 09:38:22 AM »
      Peter37, can you please avoid making necessary posts in the future.

Olisoleil, when did this start?

Try running a scan on your computer with this recovery program: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,61553.0.html
      See if it turns up anything.

olisoleil

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »
        I am not sure when this happened. It must have been within the last 3 days approximately. What appears clear to me is that the computer wiped off all new files that were saved/registered after a specific recent date. Why? I have no clue, but it is kind of scary. This is a brand new computer so I don't know why this happened. I'm running the pandora recovery programme and will let you guys know what comes out of it.