Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Certain programs connecting and others not.  (Read 2110 times)

r3_jynxed

Certain programs connecting and others not.
« on: May 21, 2009, 01:10:49 AM »
A few days ago I have a very annoying virus.. security systems 2009.. or something along those lines. Anywho, after a day or 2 or fiddling i finally got rid of it and updated my internet security, am now running panda 2009.  But the problem I am experiencing now is that a few programs will not connect online, while others will. me IE and Firefox connect fine, windows messenger will connect fine.. Even my world or warcraft will, though the game launcher no longer can connect to the new server.. but the game runs fine.. Also things like yahoo messenger.. even when i tried to submit request to hp using the build in program it wouldn't connect to the internet to send the message.

The main error I'm getting with messenger is a connection problem error.. also when i tried to re install messenger i received an error when running the installer about not being able to to connect online to get the files for install..

I know this is kind of long,, but hopefully someone will have some advice or maybe experienced something along these lines as well. Thanks in advance.
-jynx

midsail

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Certain programs connecting and others not.
    « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
    Check your firewall setting and if u install some spyware/malware software check their settings.