Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Evil batch  (Read 16064 times)

billrich

Re: Evil batch
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 05:23:27 PM »

http://filext.com/file-extension/mnn

<<<<"File Extension .MNN Details

File extension .MNN is not in any of the databases. Please click here [Help Me] for some hints on how to do further research...

If there is no information in the FILExt database and your computer is acting up, you may not have a file extension problem but, instead, a more general problem.">>>>

“Its weird, copy C:\documents and settings\robert\my documents\my money.mnn A:\ /y /s /v”

copy C:\documents and settings\robert\my documents\mymoney.txt A:\

Do not use spaces with a file name without quotes around the file name.  For example:
“my money.txt”

Before you but commands in a batch file, test the commands at the command prompt.

Also, as mentioned know the size of the file you are trying  to copy to a  floppy.  A floppy will hold less than 1.5 Meg

C:\>dir mymoney.txt
 Volume in drive C is OS
 Volume Serial Number is F4A3-D6B3

Directory of C:\

05/29/2009  06:18 PM               564 mymoney.txt
               1 File(s)            564 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  304,482,291,712 bytes free

C:\>

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »
    its not a txt file.  I know that I think that it even had quotes in it.  There only 1.44 mb in size but still.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

billrich

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2009, 06:22:47 PM »
    its not a txt file.  I know that I think that it even had quotes in it.  There only 1.44 mb in size but still.

squall_0  wrote:

<<<"Its wierd, copy C:\doncuments and settings\robert\my documents\my money.mnn  A:\ /y /s /v

I have created a shortcut on the desktop so it looks better and stuff not sure if it matters,
    not near the machine but sure its something like that.">>>

Which program opens the "my money.mnn" file?  Notepad?  I have never seen a file with a .mnn  extention?   I cannot find a file on the internet with a .mnn extension.

http://www.computerhope.com/mext.htm

How do you know the size of the "my money.mnn file?

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 06:43:48 PM »
      Its a my money file by default I think thats what it is when you save it to the pc its self.  I dont that is the size the floppy is capable of.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

billrich

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2009, 07:16:54 PM »

It appears the  money program will allow you to use as many floppies as necessary. 
      When one floppy is full, the money program will ask for another floppy?

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourHome/
      5waysToSaveYourPapersInANaturalDisaster .aspx?page=2

Good Luck

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 07:15:20 AM »
      You should be able to tell the size of the file(s) on the floppy by running the dir command on that drive.  You're right -- 1.44 MB would be a large size for such a file, but it depends on how long you've been using the software.

Is this one floppy your only copy of the file(s)?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2009, 01:09:18 PM »
        yes, I didnt think of that. 

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #37 on: May 30, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »
        Make a backup of your backup, somewhere.  I've lost data -- nothing terribly important -- because my backup copy (flash drive) quit one day.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2009, 04:31:15 PM »
          I can do that but uless I get this working it wont really be all to possible unless its done manually.

billrich

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »

The Money Program/database  Verizon you are using must be quite old?

Perhaps 1995?  Maybe it time to upgrade to a latter version?

I cannot imagine the latest version of money saving files to a floppy?

Now there are CDs and USB ( Universal Serial Bus )  storage devices. 

A floppy drive does not come with most new computers.

http://www.microsoft.com/MONEY/default.mspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152762

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:08:37 PM by billrich »

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 05:09:04 PM »
            I dont think that my money is I have ver 11 that I know of.  I know that but most of mine arent and I try and keep them with at least one of them in case.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
              • Yes
            « Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 07:59:41 PM »
            I cannot imagine the latest version of money saving files to a floppy?

I doubt the data files would be that large.  I don't think the application "cares."
            That's all we need -- you must save your files to...BluRay!   :o