Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sims 3 detects on 1 computer, but not the other.  (Read 3387 times)

BossCityBoy318

Topic Starter

Rookie

Sims 3 detects on 1 computer, but not the other.
    « on: June 02, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »
    When I put the CD in the DVD-ROM drive, it doesn't detect it at all. I went to My Computer to see if "The Sims 3" was in the driver I put the CD in, but nothing. Doesn't detect it at all. After that I put in Roller Coaster Tycoon to see if it was just my driver, but it detected the CD right off. I then took the Sims 3 CD to my other computer to see if the CD was the problem. When I put it in the drive, it came right up. What could be the problem? Its not my driver or the CD...I just don't know what to do now. Any suggestions would be great. I don't know if you need any info or not, so here's some info.

HP DVD Writer 640c
    WinXP
    Media Center Edition
    Version 2002
    SP3

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Sims 3 detects on 1 computer, but not the other.
    « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 03:28:46 AM »
    Have you tried this FixIT from Microsoft?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

BossCityBoy318

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Sims 3 detects on 1 computer, but not the other.
      « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 07:00:03 AM »
      Yeah tried that, the auto repair thing isn't for my OS it says, and the manual fix doesn't have the right things in the registry to fix it, and says I need to talk to Microsoft customer support =x