Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor help  (Read 1670 times)

dave216m

monitor help
« on: June 13, 2009, 06:37:35 PM »
I am trying to hook my visio vw32l flat screen tv to my Acer aspire one via a vga cord from the pc to the tv. I start with both units turned off and the cable hooked up. Turn both on. As the computer boots up it displays perfectly on the tv. Up in the corner it says 800x600. When the windows operating screen appears on the computer, the tv goesw blank except for a message saying "no rgb signal and tv will be turned off" The computer guy at walmart said to turn down the resolution on the omputer so I set it at 800x600 because i know that works on the tv, but no change. As soon as the windows starts, my signal is gone. Any idea what is wrong?  Email Removed]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:27:29 PM by Carbon Dudeoxide »

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: monitor help
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:23:51 PM »
What does it have to do with programming??

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: monitor help
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:26:21 PM »
Please do not put your email like that.  Spammers use bots and can find it.  Do you have ati or nvidia?  Also try right clicking on the desktop and going to properties then to settings.  Is the second monitor your tv?  If it is try clicking on the 2nd monitor that is your tv and check extend my windows desktop onto this monitor.